May 4, 2013
I did a two week session at the Costa Rica Surf Camp Dominical. I had an amazing time. I am in my mid 20′s, female, and took the trip by myself. Over the two weeks I learned to surf, made friends, and had a ton of fun.
The surf lessons were great-they like to keep the student to teacher ratio very small.(I saw some of the other schools with 5-10 students with one teacher)The personal attention was great and very helpful.
In the past I have been apprehensive about being in the water with large waves, but the teachers were very knowledgeable and helpful I felt completely comfortable in the water.
We started out in the whitewater then moved to some beaches with smaller breaks down south of Dominical. My last lesson was in front of the hotel at Dominical and I feel comfortable going out catching waves by myself now.
Another perk is that they took some pretty impressive photos taken of the waves I caught.
The trip to the waterfall was really nice-Dominical is such a beautiful place.
I can’t wait to go back!
May 4, 2013
CR: (506) 8812-3625
CR2: (506) 2787-0393
I recently did a 6 day surf school package with Costa Rica Surf Camp, and recommend them enthusiastically. The owners, Kaitlin Continue Reading
Costa Rica Surf Camp was created with the intention of making our guests feel like home in Playa Dominical. Students have the opportunity to relax, meet new people, explore Playa Dominical, and enjoy the unique characteristics that this town has to offer, from waterfalls to the most extensive range of wildlife!
Costa Rica Surf Camp is different from other surf camps out there because WE CARE. We treat our guests like family. We show them spots only locals know about. We teach them about the waves, the culture, and the wildlife. We invite our guests to see what pura vida is all about.
Surfing Playa Dominical with Costa Rica Surf Camp, offers great advantages:
- Playa Dominical’s waves break 365 days a year so Costa Rica Surf Camp surfers can count on having waves for their surfing vacation.
- Playa Dominical is a beach break. This offers two advantages:
- Firstly, beach breaks are safer than reef breaks or point breaks
- Secondly, Playa Dominical offers smaller waves on the inside for beginners and larger waves on the outside for advanced surfers.
- For more advanced and adventurous surfers there are point breaks near by.
- Best of all Playa Dominical waves are not crowded like other places in Costa Rica! This means more fun and relaxation!